1st January 2022
2016-17 Copyright Reserved
We agree that we will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. From time to time, we may reveal general statistical information about our Site and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of goods and services purchased, etc. Only those of our employees/technical liasons, who need access to your information in order to perform their duties, are allowed such access. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subjected to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Personal Information is used for two general purposes: to process your order, and to provide you with the best possible services. Unless otherwise stated explicitly, this policy applies to personal information as disclosed on any of the media.
You acknowledge that you are disclosing Personal Information voluntarily. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information
At Medusys, we take privacy very seriously since it is our responsibility to protect the privacy and security of your personal information.
1. We store member personal information behind layer of encryption in a secure digital environment that is continuously monitored and routinely tested by leading experts in security.
2. We restrict access to this environment using multiple safeguards such as duel factor authentication to ensure that only clinical professionals and administrative personnel can access information and only on an as-needed-basis.
3. Your privacy is protected under strict Company rules that prohibit the use or disclosure of member personal information in an improper manner or without proper authorization. These rules are set forth in our internal and Site privacy policies and actively monitored and enforced by our Chief Security Officer
4. Every patient will be assigned with a UNIQUE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (UIN) and will be identified by the said number only. We do not collect any information that directly identifies the patient. For example, we do not collect date of birth, or address. We do however collect the identifier so that researcher can re-identify the demographics for data quality control.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR INFORMATION
“User Information” means information that can be associated with a specific user. We collect information including your User login ID, Name of the association, Name of the Hospital.
“Patient Health Information” means information pertaining to the patients of the user. When you register or update your information on our Site or through our App/website, we collect Patient Health Information such as: Gender, Age, Schedule Date/Time of appointment, Weight, Hospital, & Geographical Location.
During registration or subsequently, you may choose to use certain features of the app/website that will allow you to input other Personal Information with respect to your patient’s health, such as Dosage, period of block, outcome of surgery, recovery time etc.
Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the User Information and Patient Health Information and any other information that you provide in connection with your use of the Application is important. Medusys cannot be held responsible for inaccurate incomplete information provided.
Why are cookies important?
Cookies help you make your online experience more efficient and relevant to your interests. For instance, they are used to remember your preferences on sites you visit often, to remember your user ID and the contents of your shopping baskets, and to help you navigate between pages efficiently.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file, or files on your computer, phone, or other device with a browser to save snippets of text for reference by the website you are visiting. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser:
- Session cookies - these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies - these usually have an expiration date and so stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. For example we use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so that we can improve the site for our customers.
Cookies are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential - these are cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites
- Functional - these remember your preferences, and are intended to make your experience on our websites better for you.
- Analytics – these cookies are used for performance measurement to understand things including how many people visit our websites, how they navigate our sites, and what content is popular. This allows us to improve your experience with us. Additionally, you can see how Google Analytics (one of our analytics tools) uses cookie information when you use our partners' sites by visiting www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time
- Advertising - these cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve you with relevant advertisements that we think will interest you. You might see these advertisements on our sites on other sites you visit. These cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with. They may be placed by us, or by advertising partners with our permission
To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners. We also use third party information from third party sources to enable us deliver advertising. These sources are validated by Third party, and not by us.
DELETION OF COOKIES
To delete cookies from your browser, please note the following simple steps. The following steps are indicative for Google chrome and might vary of the different browsers that you may use. Please refer Settings on your browser for further details. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners. You may also change other setting related to Privacy and Security under the same section.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION SITE:
When you download and install our App onto a mobile device, we assign a random number to your App installation. We do not use this number to identify you personally unless you choose to become a registered user of the App/website.
The App/website may automatically collect certain information about you when you use the App/website, such as the type of computing or mobile device you use, your device’s IP address and/or unique device ID, your device’s operating system, the language of your operating system and the Internet browser you are using. We collect such information in order to facilitate use and ensure technical functioning of the App/website, dynamically generate and deliver targeted content, statistically monitor usage of the App/website, and improve the overall quality of our users’ experiences.
Data collected automatically on the Site or App/website may be used, for example, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to make Medusys more useful, to customize Medusys and personalize its content for you.
SHARING OF YOUR PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
We will not publish your Patient Health Information without your explicit consent. However, we might share your Patient Health Information, as is reasonably necessary, without your consent with: (1) our contractors or consultants who are bound by an obligation of confidentiality, provided that we will only share Patient Health Information to the extent necessary with such contractors or consultants; and 2) affiliates of our company for the purposes of improving our marketing strategies, for research purposes and for entering into commercial contracts in order to provide our users with Medusys’s services.
From time to time, we may also ask whether you would like us to share your Patient Health Information with another company that may want to send you information about their products or services. If you consent to such transfer by us of your Patient Health Information to another company, please note that the information provided will be subject to such company’s privacy practices and shall not be within our control.
Sometimes we may provide limited access to your Patient Health Information to the extent necessary to our contractors and consultants, including vendors and suppliers that provide us with development services, technology, services, or content for the operation, development and maintenance of our Application or data and analysis on Application use. Such access is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor or consultant to perform its services to us. We also require that such contractors and consultants agree to protect the privacy of your Patient Health Information and agree not to use or disclose the same for any purpose other than providing us with products and services and as required by law.
In addition we may share your personal data with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, courts and tribunals, to respond to law enforcement requests or other legal requests or pursuant to a requirement imposed by law, order, judgment or decree.
We may also share your Patient Health Information and User Information with legal advisors, consultants, or courts in order to protect and defend our rights and property or those of Application users. We may also transfer your Patient Health Information in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
USE OF AGGREGATED DATA
We may analyze all information we receive and/or combine your Patient Health Information and information regarding your use of the App/website, with information from other users to create aggregated data that may be disclosed to and utilized by us, our affiliates and by third parties without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion for purposes of content marketing, for research purposes, in order to understand behaviour patterns and in order to increase adherence to medication regimens.
DISABLING THE SERVICE, ACCESS, CORRECTIONS AND DELETION
At any time, you can stop the collection of your information by uninstalling the App/website and refraining from using the Site. You may also request that your Patient Health Information be deleted from our active databases. We cannot restore information that we have deleted. You are responsible for backing up the data that you store on the App/website. We may retain any data in non-identified form, subject to applicable law.
You may contact us as specified below under “How to Contact Us” to access information that we keep about you or update or correct such information or ask for its deletion. We will retain your information for as long as you continue to use our App/website and for a reasonable period of time afterwards.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPS
We take reasonable steps to protect Patient Health Information as you transmit it to us and to protect such information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free.
If you use and/or access the Application on or from an Android device which you or someone else rooted or on or from an iOS device which you or someone else jail break, Medusys shall not be responsible for the security of your data, including your Patient Health Information, and you shall bear all responsibility for any breach, illegal access, loss and/or corruption of such data.
HOW TO CONTACT US